Are you ready to level up? Do you dream of helping companies grow? If you have a background in marketing and want to gain hands-on experience in implementing strategic marketing initiatives for B2B SaaS ventures, you’ve come to the right place.
This is a rare opportunity to learn and gain experience in B2B SaaS marketing while making a daily impact on companies experiencing exponential growth. All hires will take part in a "probationary period" to determine if the role is a good fit. The Content Marketing Specialist will conceptualize, plan, create, and edit high-quality content for blogs, websites, paid ads, emails, and other marketing collateral as a result of proactively identifying client values and priorities.
In this role you will:
- Understand your target customer and the customer journey to advise your content strategy
- Establish a research-backed content strategy, editorial calendar, and distribution plan to support the customer at each stage of their journey
- Identify gaps in content and recommend new topics according to SEO research and competitor performance
- Craft high-quality blogs, eBooks, whitepapers, customer testimonials, ad copy, case studies, nurture email campaigns, video scripts, website copy and more
- Work collaboratively with a cross-functional team and clients to execute your content plan
- Create customer lifecycle marketing collateral to drive marketing qualified leads via strategically integrated campaigns
- Track and analyze content performance metrics to identify opportunities for optimization
- Own, define and create the client’s brand voice, messaging, and positioning
What we’re looking for
Working on the Kalungi team means embracing self-improvement. We don’t expect perfection, but attention to detail, endless curiosity, humility and the desire to level up fast. We own our work by seeking responsibility and accountability for the ideas we create. We ask "Why?" a lot, and share our goals and experiences to challenge our thinking. We uncover impactful insights that raise our clients to new levels.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Education/Background: Bachelor's degree or equivalent working experience in Content Marketing or Content Strategy (2+ years experience)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office & Google Suite (experience with Hubspot is a plus)
- An entrepreneurial spirit with a marketing “superpower” to leverage for immediate value
- Systems and process-thinker; loves creating order out of chaos
- Curious and eager to learn; always looking for ways to level up
- Strong writing, editing, and communication skills
- A creative mind with keen attention to detail
- Focused on adding value to every touch point, process, project or task they are a part of
- Solid background creating content across multiple channels, for multiple audiences/personas
- Can demonstrate professionalism in content creation, including the conception, writing, editing, and distribution of marketing and sales materials
- Ability to write concise copy that simplifies technical and complex topics and makes them easy to understand
- Basic foundational understanding of SEO concepts and topic clusters to inform strategy
- Can collaborate across multiple departments and stakeholders to collect and organize information in a user-friendly manner
Kalungi was founded to focus specifically on business-to-business (B2B) Software-as-a-Service (Saas) companies. Unlike most agencies, who focus on only a few aspects of marketing, Kalungi owns the full spectrum, from marketing strategy and positioning to campaign management and website optimization. Kalungi brings extensive experience in leadership, strategic direction, and a clear ‘B2B SaaS Success Blueprint’ proven to generate millions of dollars in attributed revenue for clients around the world. Kalungi prides itself on mentorship, education, and an entrepreneurial spirit to take on new challenges and improve every day.
At Kalungi, we want to stand for more than just the outcomes of our daily work. How we do our work, who we work with and why we do this, is critical. Here are our core values to keep us grounded as a company. We apply these for hiring, development, evaluation, coaching, prioritizing and celebrating our work.
- CUSTOMERS come first
- Our customers allow us to exist. It’s why we are here.
- We anticipate customer needs, solve for those and beat expectations.
- We do what's best for our customers and turn them into raving fans.
- We are prepared and proactive, communicate clearly and often.
- Our team grows with our clients. Our clients grow with us.
- We take OWNERSHIP
- It’s your turn. Be accountable, seek responsibility, and make an impact.
- Ask, “Could I have made this any better?” before you hand over your work.
- Are you proud of your work? You are your work. The buck stops with you.
- We do what we say we do. We follow up. We are accountable to each other.
- We do things right. We don't sacrifice quality over quantity.
- Everything we do has a PURPOSE
- What’s the reason to do this? What’s the purpose? Understand the big picture.
- Ask why? Ask why again. Dig deeper.
- We think before we do. We are curious. We want to understand more.
- We invest in relationships and push ourselves with integrity and honesty.
- We build for scale and act long term. We are in it for the long haul.
- We LEVEL UP together
- We pursue excellence and believe in life-long learning and self-improvement.
- We live and breathe a feedback culture. We coach and ask how we can grow.
- We embrace togetherness, sharing our goals & experiences.
- We have each other's backs, give the benefit of the doubt and build trust.
- We have fun together. We don't take ourselves too seriously.
We are very excited about the opportunity of working with you! We look forward to hearing from you!
- The Kalungi Team
Kalungi is an equal-opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workforce. Employment at Kalungi is based solely on a person's qualifications directly related to professional competence. Kalungi does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of age, color, creed, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, pregnancy or related condition (including breastfeeding), race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.