Content Marketing Specialist
Are you ready to level up? Do you dream of helping companies grow? If you have a background in content marketing and want to gain real, hands-on experience in implementing strategic marketing initiatives for B2B SaaS ventures, and technology and innovation do not scare you, you’ve come to the right place.
The Content Marketing Specialist will conceptualize, plan, create, and edit high-quality content for blogs, websites, paid ads, emails, and other marketing collateral as a result of proactively identifying client values and priorities.
This is a rare opportunity to learn and gain experience in B2B SaaS marketing while making a daily impact on companies experiencing exponential growth.
- Understand your target customer and the customer journey to advise your content strategy
- Establish a research-backed content strategy, editorial calendar, and distribution plan to support the customer at each stage of their journey
- Identify gaps in content and recommend new topics according to SEO research and competitor performance
- Craft high-quality blogs, eBooks, whitepapers, customer testimonials, ad copy, case studies, nurture email campaigns, video scripts, website copy and more
- Work collaboratively with a cross-functional team and clients to execute your content plan
- Create customer lifecycle marketing collateral to drive marketing qualified leads via strategically integrated campaigns
- Track and analyze content performance metrics to identify opportunities for optimization
- Own, define and create the client’s brand voice, messaging, and positioning
- Communicate technology topics in clear, concise ways to a non-technical audience
- Stay up-to-date on B2B SaaS and content marketing trends
- 1-2 years of proven Content Marketing/Content Strategy experience
- Experience in a high growth environment (B2B SaaS is preferred)
- Solid background creating content across multiple channels, for multiple audiences/personas
- Can demonstrate professionalism in content creation, including the conception, writing, editing, and distribution of marketing and sales materials
- Ability to write concise copy that simplifies technical and complex topics and makes them easy to understand
- Basic foundational understanding of SEO concepts and topic clusters to inform strategy
- Proficiency using content management systems (ex. Wordpress, Hubspot) is a plus
- Can collaborate across multiple departments and stakeholders to collect and organize information in a user-friendly manner
Who you are
Qualities we’re looking for
- Strong background in content marketing
- Excellent writing, editing, and communication skills
- A creative mind with keen attention to detail
- An ability to use data to inform decision making and execution
- An entrepreneurial spirit with a marketing “superpower” to leverage for immediate value
- Willingness to go the extra mile to bring the best deliverable/service possible to our clients
- Eagerness to learn –always asking lots of questions and absorbing new information to improve work
Who we are
Kalungi was founded to focus specifically on business-to-business (B2B) Software-as-a-Service (Saas) companies. Unlike most agencies, who focus on only a few aspects of marketing, Kalungi owns the full spectrum, from marketing strategy and positioning to campaign management and website optimization.
Kalungi was with a mission to empower its employees with the knowledge and skills to grow their careers and a platform from which they can achieve their goals. Kalungi prides itself on mentorship, education, and an entrepreneurial spirit to take on new challenges and improve every day.
Our Company Values
At Kalungi, we want to stand for more than just the outcomes of our daily work. How we do our work, who we work with and why we do this, is critical. Here are our core values to keep us grounded as a company. We apply these for hiring, development, evaluation, coaching, prioritizing and celebrating our work.
- QUALITY beats quantity and speed
- Ask, “Could I have made this any better?” before you hand over your work.
- Our customers deserve our best work. We build for scale and act long-term. We’re in it for the long haul.
- We pursue excellence and don’t settle for second place. We exceed customer expectations.
- We are prepared and proactive, communicate clearly and often.
- We are all accountable for quality, together.
- We take OWNERSHIP
- It’s your turn. Be proactive, seek responsibility, and make an impact.
- Are you proud of your work? You are your work. The buck stops with you.
- We do what we say we’ll do. We follow up. We are accountable to each other.
- We do things right. We don't sacrifice quality over quantity.
- Everything we do has a PURPOSE
- What’s the reason we do this? What’s the purpose? We understand the big picture.
- We ask why, then we ask why again. We dig deeper.
- We think before we do. We are curious. We want to understand more.
- We invest in relationships and push ourselves with integrity and honesty.
- We LEVEL UP together
- We pursue excellence and believe in life-long learning and self-improvement.
- We live and breathe a feedback culture. We coach and ask how we can grow.
- We embrace togetherness, sharing our goals & experiences.
- We have each other's backs, give the benefit of the doubt, and build trust.
- We have fun together. We don't take ourselves too seriously.
We are very excited about the opportunity of working with you! We look forward to hearing from you!
The Kalungi Team
This is a remote-work position, so Kalungi is accepting US-wide and international applicants!
If you are local, Kalungi also has offices in Seattle (Washington), Troy (Michigan), and Lima (Peru).
US-based applicants must be eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship.
Kalungi is an equal-opportunity employer. Employment at Kalungi is based solely on a person's qualifications directly related to professional competence. Kalungi does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of age, color, creed, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, pregnancy or related condition (including breastfeeding), race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.