Are you ready to level up? Do you dream of helping companies grow? If you have a background in social media marketing and want to gain real, hands-on experience in implementing strategic marketing initiatives for B2B SaaS ventures, and technology and innovation do not scare you, you’ve come to the right place.
The Social Media specialist will conceptualize, plan, create and edit high-quality social media content for LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and other platforms to help drive engagement, increase brand awareness and generate leads for client values and priorities.
This is a rare opportunity to learn and gain experience in B2B SaaS marketing while making a daily impact on companies experiencing exponential growth.
- Audit social media profiles to identify improvements and campaign opportunities
- Run social media campaigns to drive engagement, generate leads and increase brand awareness
- Develop clients organic and paid social media strategy according to their brand identity and industry (US and Europe)
- Build our clients social media presence by creating consistent and meaningful content across social media platforms best suited to their industry, which includes:
- Writing and editing social media posts
- Improving customer engagement
- Assisting outbound and inbound marketing campaigns
- Coordinate with team members (Kalungi and our clients) across the US and Europe
- Managing a high volume of social media posts across 3 clients, this includes scheduling, publishing, and monitoring content
- Assist client in communicating with social media followers
- Monitor trends on social media to suggest and propose ideas for content and topics
- Prepare and present analytics report on a weekly and monthly basis for organic social media activities based on OKRs to drive social media performance
- Own Kalungi’s social media marketing
- Stay up to date on best practices and trends in social media
- 3+ years of proven Social Media Marketing/Social Media Strategy experience in a startup or agency environment
- Organic and Paid Social media management experience and demonstrated account growth
- Experience in a high growth environment (B2B SaaS is preferred)
- Good understanding or knowledge of SEO, social media, analytics, and reporting to inform strategy
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid background creating content across multiple platforms for various audiences/personas
- Ability to write concise copy that simplifies technical and complex topics to makes them easy to understand
- Proficiency in using content management systems (ex. Wordpress, Hubspot) is a plus
- Proficiency in using social media marketing management systems (e.g. Sprout Social, Hootsuite, HubSpot) is a plus
- Can collaborate across multiple departments and stakeholders to collect and organize information in a user-friendly manner
- Strong project management and time management skills with the ability to prioritize tasks
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and high-pressure environment
Who you are
Qualities we’re looking for
- A strong background in social media marketing
- Strong project management and coordination skills
- Excellent writing, editing, and communication skills
- A creative mind with keen attention to detail
- An ability to use data to inform decision making and execution
- An entrepreneurial spirit with a marketing “superpower” to leverage for immediate value
- Willingness to go the extra mile to bring the best deliverable/service possible
- A love for knowledge - to learn the latest and greatest in the ever-evolving world of social media
Who we are
Kalungi was founded to focus specifically on business-to-business (B2B) Software-as-a-Service (Saas) companies. Unlike most agencies, who focus on only a few aspects of marketing, Kalungi owns the full spectrum, from marketing strategy and positioning to campaign management and website optimization.
Kalungi was with a mission to empower its employees with the knowledge and skills to grow their careers and a platform from which they can achieve their goals. Kalungi prides itself on mentorship, education, and an entrepreneurial spirit to take on new challenges and improve every day.
Our Company Values
At Kalungi, we want to stand for more than just the outcomes of our daily work. How we do our work, who we work with and why we do this, is critical. Here are our core values to keep us grounded as a company. We apply these for hiring, development, evaluation, coaching, prioritizing and celebrating our work.
- QUALITY beats quantity and speed
- Ask, “Could I have made this any better?” before you hand over your work.
- Our customers deserve our best work. We build for scale and act long-term. We’re in it for the long haul.
- We pursue excellence and don’t settle for second place. We exceed customer expectations.
- We are prepared and proactive, communicate clearly and often.
- We are all accountable for quality, together.
- We take OWNERSHIP
- It’s your turn. Be proactive, seek responsibility, and make an impact.
- Are you proud of your work? You are your work. The buck stops with you.
- We do what we say we’ll do. We follow up. We are accountable to each other.
- We do things right. We don't sacrifice quality over quantity.
- Everything we do has a PURPOSE
- What’s the reason we do this? What’s the purpose? We understand the big picture.
- We ask why, then we ask why again. We dig deeper.
- We think before we do. We are curious. We want to understand more.
- We invest in relationships and push ourselves with integrity and honesty.
- We LEVEL UP together
- We pursue excellence and believe in life-long learning and self-improvement.
- We live and breathe a feedback culture. We coach and ask how we can grow.
- We embrace togetherness, sharing our goals & experiences.
- We have each other's backs, give the benefit of the doubt, and build trust.
- We have fun together. We don't take ourselves too seriously.
We are very excited about the opportunity of working with you! We look forward to hearing from you!
The Kalungi Team
This is a remote-work position, so Kalungi is accepting US-wide and international applicants!
If you are local, Kalungi also has offices in Seattle (Washington), Troy (Michigan), and Lima (Peru).
US-based applicants must be eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship.
Kalungi is an equal-opportunity employer. Employment at Kalungi is based solely on a person's qualifications directly related to professional competence. Kalungi does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of age, color, creed, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, pregnancy or related condition (including breastfeeding), race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.