Inbound Marketing Strategist
Inbound Marketing is one of the three main marketing functions at Kalungi. As a department, Inbound is made up of Automation, SEO, Paid Media, Social, Content, Web Development, and Design. The Inbound Marketing Strategists work closely with all sections of the Inbound Team during client engagements while coordinating with the Associate CMO to deliver success.
Goal: Streamline communication internally and externally, own the client relationship for Inbound, and drive growth through Inbound marketing strategic and tactical initiatives.
The Inbound Marketing Strategist will:
- Be the Inbound point of contact for clients;
- Work closely with the Associate CMO to lead Inbound initiatives;
- Lead and own the Inbound team internal communication and project management for owned engagements;
- Own the reporting and driving OKR performance for Inbound
The goal of the Inbound Marketing Strategist is to own the strategy and success of their clients, and to project manage all marketing initiatives. They will facilitate in solidifying the structure of the Inbound Department, specifically for communication and expectations, and driving demand generation strategies for the client’s Inbound growth. The Inbound Marketing Strategist works closely with the Inbound team internally, building up morale, solving problems, and ensuring the team is hitting OKRs (Objectives and Key Results) and leveling up together.
Subject matter expertise
- Have knowledge of Inbound Marketing and HubSpot (Creation of landing pages and web pages, understanding integrations and capabilities with other systems, Email Nurture Campaigns, Creation of workflows, Meetings integrations, website migration, among other responsibilities)
- Serve as the Inbound lead point of contact for all customer account management matters
- Coordinate the Inbound team for Inbound specific projects - Design, Web Development, SEO, SEM, SMM, Email, and Marketing Automation
- Streamline communication internally and externally
- Great meeting presence and communication skills
- Ensure the timely and successful delivery of our solutions according to customer needs and objectives
- Prepare reports on account status and performance
- Ability to manage different projects for different clients
- Drive performance through Inbound Marketing that directly impacts growth in demand (generating Leads and MQLs)
- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting client relationships
- Assist with challenging client requests or issue escalations as needed
- Regular coordination with the Inbound and broader marketing team on owned engagements
- Lead initiatives to improve the efficiency of the inbound team
- Develop an understanding of all Inbound functions (i.e. content, automation, email, design, social media, SEO, paid media, etc.) and a deep ability at least one of those functions.
What you need to be successful
- Strong conversational English
- 5+ years of experience working in a data-driven online marketing role, with a strong understanding of best practices throughout all facets of the customer funnel
- A positive attitude towards learning and growing personally and professionally
- Initiative to take action when gaps are spotted or opportunities arise
- A collaborative approach to work - working with a team to create something amazing
- A “roll up your sleeves and get **it done” approach towards work
- Strong project management and coordination skills with high expectations for performance
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong experience with marketing tools (especially HubSpot, SEMRush and Salesforce preferred), basic HTML / CSS, Google Ads, and Google Analytics
- Demonstrated knowledge of SEO, SEM, SMM, and CRO best practices
- Social media savvy
- SaaS experience is a plus
- Agency experience is a plus
- Great writing and content creation is a plus
Who you are
Ideal candidates for this role:
- Possess an entrepreneurial spirit and are willing to go the extra mile to bring the best deliverable/service possible with a keen attention to detail
- Are curious and eager to learn, asking lots of questions and absorbing new information to improve their work
- Have a marketing “superpower” that can they can leverage for immediate value
- Are proficient in Microsoft Office & Google Suite (experience with the Hubspot is a plus)
Who we are
Kalungi was founded to focus specifically on business-to-business (B2B) Software-as-a-Service (Saas) companies. Unlike most agencies, which focus on only a few aspects of marketing, Kalungi owns the full spectrum, from marketing strategy and positioning to campaign management and website optimization.
Kalungi was with a mission to empower its employees with the knowledge and skills to grow their careers and a platform from which they can achieve their goals. Kalungi prides itself on mentorship, education, and an entrepreneurial spirit to take on new challenges and improve every day.
Our Company Values
At Kalungi, we want to stand for more than just the outcomes of our daily work. How we do our work, who we work with, and why we do this, is critical. Here are our core values to keep us grounded as a company. We apply these for hiring, development, evaluation, coaching, prioritizing, and celebrating our work.
- QUALITY beats quantity and speed
- Ask, “Could I have made this any better?” before you hand over your work.
- Our customers deserve our best work. We build for scale and act long-term. We’re in it for the long haul.
- We pursue excellence and don’t settle for second place. We exceed customer expectations.
- We are prepared and proactive, communicate clearly and often.
- We are all accountable for quality, together.
- We take OWNERSHIP
- It’s your turn. Be proactive, seek responsibility, and make an impact.
- Are you proud of your work? You are your work. The buck stops with you.
- We do what we say we’ll do. We follow up. We are accountable to each other.
- We do things right. We don't sacrifice quality over quantity.
- Everything we do has a PURPOSE
- What’s the reason we do this? What’s the purpose? We understand the big picture.
- We ask why, then we ask why again. We dig deeper.
- We think before we do. We are curious. We want to understand more.
- We invest in relationships and push ourselves with integrity and honesty.
- We LEVEL UP together
- We pursue excellence and believe in life-long learning and self-improvement.
- We live and breathe a feedback culture. We coach and ask how we can grow.
- We embrace togetherness, sharing our goals & experiences.
- We have each other's backs, give the benefit of the doubt, and build trust.
- We have fun together. We don't take ourselves too seriously.
We are very excited about the opportunity of working with you! We look forward to hearing from you!
The Kalungi Team
This is a remote-work position, so Kalungi is accepting US-wide and international applicants!
If you are local, Kalungi also has offices in Seattle (Washington), Troy (Michigan), and Lima (Peru).
US-based applicants must be eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship.
Kalungi is an equal-opportunity employer. Employment at Kalungi is based solely on a person's qualifications directly related to professional competence. Kalungi does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of age, color, creed, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, pregnancy or related condition (including breastfeeding), race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.