Are you ready to level up? Do you dream of helping companies grow? If you have a background in marketing and want to gain hands-on experience in implementing strategic marketing initiatives for B2B SaaS ventures, you’ve come to the right place.
This is a rare opportunity to learn and gain experience in B2B SaaS marketing while making a daily impact on companies experiencing exponential growth. All hires will take part in a "probationary period" to determine if the role is a good fit. We are excited to announce that we are looking for a new developer to join the team.
If you have web development superpowers and are looking for an opportunity to learn, grow and make an impact, then let's talk!
(Here is our website theme - you could be part of building the next one!)
In this role you will:
- Own website development for client projects (complete website rebuilds)
- Code HubSpot CMS websites from start to finish, using new local development tooling
- Use Git and the HubSpot CLI to manage an effective, modern workflow
- Take functional requirements and design files to build easily updatable websites for content authors
- Work with designers to review and ensure the feasibility of website designs
- Contribute to the creation of internal libraries, reusable resources, and processes
- Provide maintenance support on existing projects (sometimes via the design manager)
- Maintain a focus on a11y and performance targets as you code
- Identify and troubleshoot issues
- Integrate HubSpot with third-party platforms as needed
- Proactively scope and bring new ideas to the team to improve the digital content and inbound experience for current and future Kalungi clients.
- Exhibit a high degree of creativity and attention to detail that respects our designers’ vision
What we’re looking for
Working on the Kalungi team means embracing self-improvement. We don’t expect perfection, but attention to detail, endless curiosity, humility and the desire to level up fast. We own our work by seeking responsibility and accountability for the ideas we create. We ask "Why?" a lot, and share our goals and experiences to challenge our thinking. We uncover impactful insights that raise our clients to new levels.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Education/Background: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent working experience in web development (3+ years experience)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office & Google Suite (experience with Hubspot is a plus)
- An entrepreneurial spirit with a marketing “superpower”
- Systems and process-thinker; loves creating order out of chaos
- Curious and eager to learn; always looking for ways to level up
- Strong writing, editing, and communication skills
- A creative mind with keen attention to detail
- Experience working with Jinja, HubL, or other templating engines
- Experience developing responsive websites for desktop, tablet, and mobile devices
- Familiarity with website development best practices
- Ability to interpret and implement web designs
- Effective time management and the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Personal desire to learn and stay up-to-date with the latest web development trends and best practices
- Previous experience working with APIs is a plus
Kalungi was founded to focus specifically on business-to-business (B2B) Software-as-a-Service (Saas) companies. Unlike most agencies, who focus on only a few aspects of marketing, Kalungi owns the full spectrum, from marketing strategy and positioning to campaign management and website optimization. Kalungi brings extensive experience in leadership, strategic direction, and a clear ‘B2B SaaS Success Blueprint’ proven to generate millions of dollars in attributed revenue for clients around the world. Kalungi prides itself on mentorship, education, and an entrepreneurial spirit to take on new challenges and improve every day.
At Kalungi, we want to stand for more than just the outcomes of our daily work. How we do our work, who we work with and why we do this, is critical. Here are our core values to keep us grounded as a company. We apply these for hiring, development, evaluation, coaching, prioritizing and celebrating our work.
- CUSTOMERS come first
- Our customers allow us to exist. It’s why we are here.
- We anticipate customer needs, solve for those and beat expectations.
- We do what's best for our customers and turn them into raving fans.
- We are prepared and proactive, communicate clearly and often.
- Our team grows with our clients. Our clients grow with us.
- We take OWNERSHIP
- It’s your turn. Be accountable, seek responsibility, and make an impact.
- Ask, “Could I have made this any better?” before you hand over your work.
- Are you proud of your work? You are your work. The buck stops with you.
- We do what we say we do. We follow up. We are accountable to each other.
- We do things right. We don't sacrifice quality over quantity.
- Everything we do has a PURPOSE
- What’s the reason to do this? What’s the purpose? Understand the big picture.
- Ask why? Ask why again. Dig deeper.
- We think before we do. We are curious. We want to understand more.
- We invest in relationships and push ourselves with integrity and honesty.
- We build for scale and act long term. We are in it for the long haul.
- We LEVEL UP together
- We pursue excellence and believe in life-long learning and self-improvement.
- We live and breathe a feedback culture. We coach and ask how we can grow.
- We embrace togetherness, sharing our goals & experiences.
- We have each other's backs, give the benefit of the doubt and build trust.
- We have fun together. We don't take ourselves too seriously.
We are very excited about the opportunity of working with you! We look forward to hearing from you!
- The Kalungi Team
Kalungi is an equal-opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workforce. Employment at Kalungi is based solely on a person's qualifications directly related to professional competence. Kalungi does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of age, color, creed, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, pregnancy or related condition (including breastfeeding), race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.