We are excited to announce that we are looking for a new developer to join the team. The Kalungi team is growing fast, and we would love you to be part of the team.
If you have web development superpowers and are looking for an opportunity to learn, grow and make an impact, then let's talk!
(Here is our website theme - you could be part of building the next one!)
- Own website development for client projects (complete website rebuilds)
- Code HubSpot CMS websites from start to finish, using new local development tooling
- Use Git and the HubSpot CLI to manage an effective, modern workflow
- Take functional requirements and design files to build easily updatable websites for content authors
- Work with designers to review and ensure the feasibility of website designs
- Contribute to the creation of internal libraries, reusable resources, and processes
- Provide maintenance support on existing projects (sometimes via the design manager)
- Maintain a focus on a11y and performance targets as you code
- Identify and troubleshoot issues
- Integrate HubSpot with third-party platforms as needed
- Proactively scope and bring new ideas to the team to improve the digital content and inbound experience for current and future Kalungi clients.
- Exhibit a high degree of creativity and attention to detail that respects our designers’ vision
- 3+ years of web development experience
- Experience working with Jinja, HubL, or other templating engines
- Experience developing responsive websites for desktop, tablet, and mobile devices
- Familiarity with website development best practices
- Strong communication skills to effectively collaborate with designers, developers, and other relevant staff members or clients
- Ability to interpret and implement web designs
- Effective time management and the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Personal desire to learn and stay up-to-date with the latest web development trends and best practices
- Previous experience working with APIs is a plus
Who you are
Ideal candidates for this role:
- Possess an entrepreneurial spirit and are willing to go the extra mile to bring the best deliverable/service possible with a keen attention to detail
- Are curious and eager to learn, asking lots of questions and absorbing new information to improve their work
- Have a marketing “superpower” that can they can leverage for immediate value
- Are proficient in Microsoft Office & Google Suite (experience with the Hubspot is a plus)
Who we are
Kalungi was founded to focus specifically on B2B SaaS companies. Unlike most agencies, which focus on only a few aspects of marketing, Kalungi owns the full spectrum, from marketing strategy and positioning to campaign management and website optimization.
Kalungi was with a mission to empower its employees with the knowledge and skills to grow their careers and a platform from which they can achieve their goals. Kalungi prides itself on mentorship, education, and an entrepreneurial spirit to take on new challenges and improve every day.
Our Company Values
At Kalungi, we want to stand for more than just the outcomes of our daily work. How we do our work, who we work with, and why we do this, is critical. Here are our core values to keep us grounded as a company. We apply these for hiring, development, evaluation, coaching, prioritizing, and celebrating our work.
- QUALITY beats quantity and speed
- Ask, “Could I have made this any better?” before you hand over your work.
- Our customers deserve our best work. We build for scale and act long-term. We’re in it for the long haul.
- We pursue excellence and don’t settle for second place. We exceed customer expectations.
- We are prepared and proactive, communicate clearly and often.
- We are all accountable for quality, together.
- We take OWNERSHIP
- It’s your turn. Be proactive, seek responsibility, and make an impact.
- Are you proud of your work? You are your work. The buck stops with you.
- We do what we say we’ll do. We follow up. We are accountable to each other.
- We do things right. We don't sacrifice quality over quantity.
- Everything we do has a PURPOSE
- What’s the reason we do this? What’s the purpose? We understand the big picture.
- We ask "why", then we ask "why" again. We dig deeper.
- We think before we do. We are curious. We want to understand more.
- We invest in relationships and push ourselves with integrity and honesty.
- We LEVEL UP together
- We pursue excellence and believe in life-long learning and self-improvement.
- We live and breathe a feedback culture. We coach and ask how we can grow.
- We embrace togetherness, sharing our goals & experiences.
- We have each other's backs, give the benefit of the doubt, and build trust.
- We have fun together. We don't take ourselves too seriously.
We are very excited about the opportunity of working with you! We look forward to hearing from you!
The Kalungi Team
This is a remote-work position, so Kalungi is accepting US-wide and international applicants!
If you are local, Kalungi also has offices in Seattle (Washington), Troy (Michigan), and Lima (Peru).
US-based applicants must be eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship.
Kalungi is an equal-opportunity employer. Employment at Kalungi is based solely on a person's qualifications directly related to professional competence. Kalungi does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of age, color, creed, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, pregnancy or related condition (including breastfeeding), race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.